The widows empowerment trust team working with NCS Age 15-17 by empowering young people and promoting volunteering opportunity and raise awareness of issues facing widows and widowers.working with young people is a way of bridging the gap between the old and young by using our intergenerational event.
Working in collaboration with the NCS age 15-17 this summer would help to reduce anti social behaviour, providing life skills to improved employability, improve health and well being and help to Promote Social Inclusion
Volunteering opportunities such as
1. Engaging young volunteers to work with our service users, with creativity activity and karaoke dance
2. Engaging young volunteers with our fund raising events such as bag packing
3. Young volunteers raising awareness about loneliness and Isolation facing widows & widowers at city centre
4. Organising event such as 'Never too Old to play' older generation versus younger generations
5. Raising awareness in the community about our workshops
6. Organizing sponsorship event such as walk, cake sales etc
Challenges for the young people in a team of 13 each. Categorise into 5 waves 13 each in wave.
One of the ways we try to tackle social isolation & loneliness in widows.is through our befriending/homevisit. were volunteers visit or speaks to widows on the phone.
Our meal out/day trip encourage widows to connect with other to build their confident & self esteem.This help to promote social inclusion, stronger community & social skills.
Our volunteers play a wide range of vital roles within The widows Empowerment Trust,providing emotional,practicle & social support to help tackle loneliness & isolation facing widows.Support our office team with project work or administration and raising funds.
Our widows enjoy our pampering session (Spa) such as Jacuzzi,steamer & sauna.it help to build their social skills & promoting healthy lifestyle.
Our key dates connect widows(ers)together in our community and wider communities
Volunteer training/Delivering workshop such as Sewing,Knitting,crochet,Art & craft are another ways we tackle isolation & loneliness facing widows.
PARACHUTE FOR THE WIDOWS EMPOWERMENT TRUST 28TH JULY AND EXPERIENCE THE THRILL OF A LIFETIME WITH AN EXHILARATING TANDEM SKYDIVE AND RAISE VITAL FUND FOR THE WIDOWS EMPOWERMENT TRUST! RAISE THE MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP AND JUMP FOR FREE!
OUR RED CARPET CHRISTMAS PARTY CELEBRATION 2017 AT THE IRISH CENTRE.